Monday, August 31, 2009

Local Woman Graduates from High School

D'Starkville, IN - Local woman Loretta Benson has defied the odds and done the unthinkable: she has graduated from D'Starkville High. While many residents were skeptical about such a feat being accomplished again within our lifetimes, Loretta's achievement is inspiring a whole generation of D'Starkville youths to reach for their dreams.

"I would like to thank the community for being so supportive. Really, I would. But I can't. None of you helped me, not even a little. This town is full of ignorant hicks and when I leave this place, I won't look back," Loretta said during her graduation speech.

Due to the lack of qualified professionals residing here, the city council passed a law last year specifying that within D'Starkville's city limits, a high school diploma will now allow one to practice medicine, become a lawyer, or function as a notary public.

No comments:

Post a Comment